- Full name
- Present and permanent addresses
- Telephone numbers
- Email address
My desire is to secure a proof-reading or re-writing assignment I can operate from my home outside regular classroom hours.
Inner city high school, August 2003 - Present
- Serving as English Teacher for grades 7-12 in an Alternative Education Program. Some classes are multi-graded.
- Served as a classroom teacher in English. For two years, served as English III lead teacher, and for the 20062007 school year, English Department Chairman.
Senior high school, Mumbai, India, August 1989 - July 1995
- Served as School Administrator supervising a staff of 20+ teachers. Spent half of my time as an active classroom teacher. At various times taught on junior and senior high school levels in areas of Language Arts, Math, Physical Science, Choir, Bible, and Senior Seminar. Under administrative capacity had full control of staffing, budgeting, curriculum development, counseling, disciplinary issues, and scheduling.
May 1984 - July 1989
- Began work with the North Carolina Department of Correction as a Correctional Officer at the states only maximum-security facility, Central Prison. In 1980 was promoted to Educational Specialist, teaching adult basic education and GED preparation in the prisons school. Supervised the library and developed an individualized, self-paced business curriculum for the school.
August 1975 - June 1977
- In my first teaching assignment after college graduation, I served as a classroom teacher in a large private school. My class load included Language Arts, Bible, and speech on both high school and middle school levels.
BA in English, Minor in Religious Communication
University of North Carolina at Charlotte, Charlotte, North Carolina
Graduated Magna cum Laude May 10, 2003
Livingstone College, Salisbury, North Carolina
Member of Special Lateral Entry Cohort Program 2003 - 2005
Bob Jones University, Greenville, South Carolina 29614
BA from the School of Religion, May 1975.
Proficiencies in Christian Education, Speech, and English.
North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina
English and Education Courses as Special Student.
Summers of 1980-1981
South Rowan Senior High School, China Grove, North Carolina 28023
Graduate, June 1967.
Honors and Awards
- Who's Who Among Americas Teachers, 1994.
- Member, Beta Sigma Chapter, Sigma Tau Delta The International English Honor Society.
- Member, UNC Charlotte Chapter #228 of the Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi.
- English Content Knowledge Exam
- Certificate of Achievement: National Testing Service, March 2004